Most of these images are favourites JUST because. Some are favourites for sentimental reasons. Two were not actually shot by me. Mostly, I just picked the images that make my heart pitter-patter :) Hope you enjoy!
40. The most beautiful wedding flowers I.HAVE.EVER.SEEN.
39. Even grown men need their Momma's help sometimes ;)
38. That moment, from a client can't believe you managed to capture shots of her child, smiling, and NOT running away ;)
36. Baby Simba!!! (Actually, it's Baby Erik…but whatever.)
35. PEI barley fields + the Ward family. Two things I love!
34. Sweet Mr. D, and his loves for Baby Brother.
33. Do I need to explain this picture? That's my husband, and big sis. They have the same smile, and the same completely ridiculous sense of humour ;)
32. Baby Juliana. My last photo shoot before my own Wee One (#2) was born! Such a sweet babe…and neighbour!
31. I love the feeling of anticipation in maternity portraits. I can't want for Sarah + Jon to welcome their sweet little doll into the world!
30. This couple.
29. A pull-back of the same shot. Such beauts!!! The light right before their reception was so stunning. Plus, I think we've already covered my love for barley fields...
28. Those LIPS!!! I die.
27. This little angel. What a tiny, happy little person!
26. Sweet smiles from Baby Jett! Such a fun session with him and his beautiful Momma!
25. I absolutely love this shot! So much joy…exactly the way a bride-and-groom-to-be should look!
24. One of the cutest brother-and-sister duos ever!
23. Nothing better than a new, squishy babe!
22. "Um…hi. You go ahead and take my picture…I'll just sit here and play with my toes!"
21. When you're coming down the aisle and your groom has a smile like THIS on his face…you know you've made the right choice :)
20. A Bride and her Gram. SO beautiful.
19. Two of my favourites. In one of my favourite places! See that pretty bridge? That's where J proposed to me, almost EIGHT years ago!
19b. Yes, NINETEEN-B. I make the rules.
18. Ten Tiny Toes.
17. I can't believe they chose this as the backdrop to their wedding ceremony. Terrible looking. Hurts my eyes ;)
Seriously though…is it any wonder everyone wants to live in PEI??
15. THIS shot makes my heart pitter patter!
14. DOLL. That's all ;)
13. SO. MUCH. PRETTY. She should be a bride everyday!
12. That's one sweet newborn belly!!!
11. One of my favourite moments of the summer: A "first glimpse" with the bridesmaids! Love the reactions!
10. My most-loved images from Adam +Tina's PEI e-session. I love the intimacy I can capture in shots when my subjects are able to forget I'm there :)
9. The cutest thing ever!
8. I love the softness in the tones and focus of this shot.
7. A forever fave!
6. This wasn't the "official" wedding kiss, but rather a second kiss during the "Peace of Christ". It was immediately one of my favourite images from Andy + Erin's wedding…I love the motion around then as they share this moment.
5. Wedding. PEI beach. Early evening light. I don't think this image needs any more explaining!
4. New friends and their new babe! So much love.
3. The only thing I love more than this actual shot, is the fact that he's singing her a song her wrote. For his future bride. When he was SIXTEEN. Amazing.
2. These two. My incredible brother, and his beautiful, amazing wife. It's one of my favourite images for so many reasons. But mostly because of new beginnings.
And love. Always love.
1. Well OBVIOUSLY this has to be my favourite image…I mean c'mon. I had a baby in 2013. It would be weird NOT to have a shot of him as my favourite image of 2013.
This is my Baby Roman, and my Baby Daddy (I mean, Husband.) I love them with my whole heart.
BAM! TWO BONUS IMAGES!
Below is my sweet Baby R and me having skin-to-skin time about 60 seconds after his birth…and our Nya girl meeting her baby brother for the first time, when he was a few hours old! Two of the best moments of my life.
Obviously these are the two shots I didn't take :) I think J took the one on the left (I was a little too preoccupied by that new little Person to notice who was behind my camera!), and my sister took the one on the right.
And there you have it. A year of work, condensed into my most-loved images.
2014…you have your work cut out for you!